Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cedar Point 2009

Last Monday was our annual Cedar Point trip. Millenium Force, The Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Raptor, Mantis... you get the point... Only this year was a little different then years before because of good ole' Mother Nature. By 5 o'clock, we were homebound, smelling like swampthings and trying to warm up from the blistering rain treatment we received. The 4 rollercoasters we went on that day (yeh, that's right, 4 rollercoasters) definitely did not satisfy my craving for the C.P. But why did we only go on 4 rollercoasters that day? And, more importantly, why wasn't one of them The Maverick (for those who don't know, The Maverick is hands-down the best ride at Cedar Point)?

Well, I'll break it down into a list. I call it: Top ten reasons we didn't get to ride the Maverick.

1. Everyone was supposed to meet at 7:00am. 7:05 rolls around and here comes Jenna strolling up the driveway. (5 minutes)
2. Somehow, while I was fiddling around with Bonnie's voice on the TomTom, I disabled all sound and we ended up going a few miles out-of-the-way. As a side note, I would also like to point out that Megann's TomTom dependancy issues didn't help. (12 minutes)
3. It was agreed that we would make no-stops since Megann's car can efficiently get us there with 1/4 tank of gas. About 10 minutes before arriving to Cedar Point, Megann's urge to pee superseded the agreement and we made a pit-stop at CVS. (7 minutes)
4. Megann failed to 'pass with care'. (4 minutes)
5. I forgot to buy my ticket ahead of time, sorry. (6 minutes)
6. Renting a locker for the Millenium Force (you know who you are). (8 minutes)
7. Jenna forcing us to go on the Power Tower. Who really wants to go on the Power Tower? Honestly. (27 minutes)
8. Jenna, Melissa, and Megann wandering around the saloon looking for a bathroom. (4 minutes)
9. Melissa deciding it was ok to wait for everyone to finish in the bathroom before she decided to use it. (5 minutes)
10. Jenna's shenanigans in the saloon. Yes, there was a fly that kept landing on our shoulders. No, I didn't like to feel clausterphobic with a fly landing on my shoulder. Yes, it was very innapropriate to not let me out after stating, "I really need to get out of this booth. Really. I need to get out. Please let me out. I can't stay here any longer. Please." (35 seconds)

With all of the time we spent on extracurricular activities (1 hour, 18 minutes and 35 seconds to be exact), we missed The Maverick by sheer minutes... literally. We were standing 20 feet away when the first drop of rain hit the pavement. Team Weenis will definitely not make the same mistakes again. Next year, it's Maverick or bust.

(Mobile photo taken in line at the Maverick)
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel