Monday, July 14, 2014

Robert and Becka's Engagement.

It wasn't losing the radio station I was listening to, the 7 degree drop in temperature or roaming for cell service.  It wasn't the bug guts littering my windshield either- nope.  I knew I was "up north" because of the beauty that surrounded me.  The thick trees and cottages that lined the road.  The views of Lake Huron from the right and farmland to the left.  The intermittent 35 mph zones through small towns and the smell of fresh, country air.  Yep, I was in up-north Michigan and it was only an hour and a half away from my house!



I met Rob and Becka at their home near Port Sanilac to do an engagement session and had a great time getting to know them. The barn behind their home is over 100 years old and still standing.  They have cows mooing in the back and a goat named Finnigan who tried eating my shorts!  I also had a close-encounter with bats that turned out to be barn swallows. Trying to act comfortable while birds were diving at my head was a bit challenging but I made it through unscathed.


There were so many great spots near their house that it was hard to choose.  It was sensory overload at first, so we started at the barn then moved away before coming back.

Out of all the images, here are some of my favorites from their session:


All images taken with a Nikon D800, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G lens, Nikon 85mm f/1.4G lens and the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VRII lens.
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel