Monday, June 16, 2014

Bryan and Meggan's Engagement.

Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan was the starting point for Bryan and Meggan's engagement session last Thursday.  When we arrived, we were surprised to see that a movie company had taken over one of the locations I planned to use for the session.  Out of curiosity, I asked one of the security guys what movie was being shot and he gave me the "I can't tell you" runaround.  My first thought was to stay nearby in case Rachel McAdams showed up (she's on my list and Haley would totally understand given the circumstances) but we had to get on with the session because it was already 6:30 and daylight was dwindling.  My dreams of meeting Rachel, Rach, Ra, Chel, R, or whatever she wants me to call her, would have to wait another day.  Then the clouds that had been lingering around all day began to break and gray and dreary light turned into golden-rays of goodness!  Things were looking good.



Now, back to this awesome couple:


Meggan met Bryan on a random trip to Chicago some years ago while visiting with friends.  She lived here and he lived there so they kept things simple and visited each other often.  Then stuff began to happen and what started off as a long-distance relationship finished with him permanently moving here to be with her.  This kind of stuff usually doesn't happen in real life but when it does, it's inspirational.  I mean, talk about true love and finding the right person!

I've known her for 10 years and have never seen her happier.  When she asked me to shoot her wedding I was really excited.  There's nothing like photographing a friend's wedding and giving them images that they'll keep and treasure forever.  The pre-existing trust and friendship always makes the whole experience even better for everyone.  Plus, as a side-bonus, I get to celebrate with them when they tie the knot.  It's a win-win situation!

I've talked enough for one post so I'll go ahead and show off my favorites from their engagement session:


All images taken with the Nikon D800, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G lens, Nikon 7-200mm f/2.8G lens and the Nikon 85mm f/1.4G lens.
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel