Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Mexican Paradise on the Mayan Riviera.

My recent vacation to Mexico was freaking awesome!  It was my first time leaving the U.S.A. (Canada doesn't count) and the first stamp in my passport.  From the time I left the airport, I realized something almost immediately- the sun is definitely stronger in Mexico!  The plants are lush, the skies are blue and the water is clear.   Everything is vibrant and colorful from the flowers to the ocean and the birds to the people.  The Mexican culture is alive and everyone is inviting and welcoming.

I stayed at the Dreams Puerto Adventuras which is located on the Mayan Riviera and is an hour away from Cancun.  This all-inclusive resort and spa was very nice and all the staff were pleasant and friendly.  Most spoke good English so ordering a Piña Colada, Mojito or any other fufu drink was super easy.  The all-you-can-eat food was also excellent!  I was nervous about the food since I hear that all-inclusives tend to be the same thing every day.  Not this place!  I had something different, every day, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  There was even a smoothie stand and coffee shop to change it up if alcohol at 10 am scared you.

The grounds were immaculate and they obviously took great pride in their location by keeping everything clean and manicured.  There were several paths to walk that were lined with flowers and plants that you won't see growing in the Midwest.  They also had several spots to relax at, including a beautiful lagoon off to the side of the hotel, outdoor beds surrounding the ocean front, a large grass-roofed gazebo, tons of grassy umbrellas and hundreds of lounge chairs all around the beach.

My only regret for this destination wedding trip was not being with my family.  I know they would of loved it!  We were unsure about having our busy 3 year-old with us in Mexico but the hotel does a great job catering to the kids.  They had activities planned throughout the day that included horse back riding, potato sack races and movies on the beach.

I tried to capture the essence of this beautiful resort by getting a variety of pics around the hotel.  Here are some in the hot sun...




...and ones during a brief rain storm.


Then before you know it, it's over and the ocean is calm once again...


...and the sun shines through.  Viva Mexico!


Last, but not least, a few videos from my trip.




All images and videos taken with the Nikon D600, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G lens and a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G lens.
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel