Sunday, December 2, 2012

Backyard film fun.

When I first started to get more serious in photography, the images that I loved the most were my most edited ones- the ones with the least amount of natural anything. I used to over-process them to the point of absurdity. The vibrancy and contrast sliders would be maxed, skin looked plastic from too much smoothing, people were so sharp it looked like they were cut and pasted into the photo. Shooting RAW made me plain lazy.

In walks a Nikon F100 and I'm in love.

No more relying on software to fix mistakes. The photos are natural, organic, real and most of all, I love the old-school-meets-new-school process. I shoot, develop, scan and upload. Then I do some minor tweaks in Aperture and upload to Blogger. The process is fun and great images are so much more rewarding.


Photos taken with a Nikon F100 with a Nikkor f/1.8D lens and Kodak Portra 160 film.
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel