Monday, October 15, 2012

Carly in the gym.

Part one of Carly's senior session took place in her high school's gym. Being the dedicated athlete that she is, Carly spends most of her time training after school. As tough as she is, there really is a soft side and I aimed to capture both with this session. With winter fast approaching, the second part of her senior shoot will take place in the spring of 2013.

Once again, not having my usual Nikon DSLR and Nikon glass, I was a little apprehensive about using the X-Pro1- especially in such a poorly lit gym. The X-Pro1, however, performed extraordinarily well. I had to adjust my shooting style to make up for the somewhat slower autofocus, but it wasn't a deal breaker. If I wasn't so comfortable with the camera, pulling these shots off would have been way more difficult.


All images taken with the Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon 18mm f/2 lens, Fujinon 35mm f/1.4 lens and the Fujinon 60mm f/2.4 lens.
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel