Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fatherhood.

I still can't believe it because I don't feel different except for the bags under my eyes, gray hairs multiplying and the restlessness that looms over my body.  Oh, and everyone reminding me when they ask, "how is Leah?"

(Leah, 1 week old.  Photographed with Nikon F100, Kodak Tri-X 400 Film, Nikkor 85mm f1.4G Lens)

Well, she's great!  Although it can be stressful at times, I love so many things about being a father.

I love when she wakes up in the morning with a big smile on her face.  Her only concerns are breast milk, clean diaper and loving arms to hold her.

I love when she falls asleep on my shoulder.  Drool running down her face and my shirt soaked from the spillage.

I love when I can soothe her during one of her full-on freak-outs...

(Leah, 1 week old.  Photographed with Nikon F100, Kodak Tri-X 400 Film, Nikkor 85mm f1.4G Lens)

I love when I can make her belly-laugh with a simple, "peek-a-boo" or raspberry on her tummy.

I love when she holds my finger with her whole hand.

(Leah, 1 week old.  Photographed with Nikon F100, Kodak Tri-X 400 Film, Nikkor 85mm f1.4G Lens)

I love our walks in the yard, looking at the flowers, trees and landscaping that I've painstakingly done over the past 3 years.

I love the smell of her hair and skin, especially after a bath!

I love singing to her.  I also appreciate the fact that she doesn't throw a fit when I get the words wrong (99% of the time).

I love to say "I know" when someone says "she's so pretty".

I love her chubby, kissable cheeks and her slobbery kisses back.

I love looking at all of her videos and photos.


(Leah, 1 week old.  Filmed with Nikon D300s and edited with Final Cut Pro X.  Music by Bon Iver.)

I even love her toots!

I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm in love with my Leah Bean and all of the awesomeness of fatherhood.  To all of the lucky dads in the world, Happy Father's Day.

Oh, and I guess moms are pretty special too.

(Leah, 1 week old.  Photographed with Nikon F100, Kodak Tri-X 400 Film, Nikkor 50mm f1.8 Lens)

Oh yeh, I mustn't forget to have a mini celebration for the 100th post!  Woot, woot!

Goodnight.
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel