Sunday, April 4, 2010

Michigan's Wine Country.

This past weekend, Haley took me on a surprise trip to New Buffalo, Michigan, otherwise known as Michigan's Wine Country. I could not believe how beautiful it was! Miles upon miles of grape vines atop rolling country hills with dirt paths leading up to each winery we visited. Thankfully we used a shuttle service to drive us from place-to-place, because after the first stop we were 18 tastes in the hole.

The 5 wineries we visited were Founders, Tabor Hill, Lemon Creek, Round Barn and Free Run. The most impressive of the 5 were Tabor Hill and Round Barn. I am not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination, but somehow by the end of the trip, I could tell you the reason for different colors of wine, that an ice wine is very sweet and expensive, and that a Demi-Sec is the proper way to say Champagne if the grapes used to make the wine weren't harvested in the Champagne region of France. Weird, I know.







I wish I had more opportunities to take photos, but it didn't stop raining until the second-to-last stop. Oh well, that just means we'll have to visit again!

Thank you Haley and the getaway was just what the doctor ordered!
Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel