Thursday, November 5, 2009

Partnercon rocked my world.

Partnercon, aka Pictage's conference for professional photographers, in New Orleans was freakin' sweet! It was my first, real, photography conference, and I met some of the most amazing photographers around. Pictage's goal was to inspire, and thanks to great photographers like Mike Colon, Jared Platt, Roberto Valenzuela, Jules Bianchi, Grant Oakes, Melissa Jill and so many others, it really did. They were so willing to share tips and tricks that they've learned over the years and what has made them better photographers and business owners. They introduced new concepts and also reinforced old ones.

I've never been to New Orleans before, and it's a great city... err... party town. I wish I could say that I didn't drink alcohol once during the whole trip and never woke up hungover from the night before, but I did. I turned into a lush at the first sign that said "3 for 1" special! 3 for 1! Before we could even sit down, we had 6 beers in front of us. It didn't help that our hotel was right off Bourban St. either.

After two days of speakers, I just had to go back to the hotel room and take a few shots of Haley before we went out for dinner. I had all this creative energy bottled up and was about to explode. Here's one of them in black and white:


On the third and final day, Haley and I walked around the French Quarter and I was able to snap a few shots of 'Nawlins' before our flight back home. I'm going to miss the beautiful weather, but not all of that seafood stuff. Eck! Give me a hamburger please.

Anyways, enjoy the pics.


















Powered by Blogger | Copyright 2008-2016 Matthew Stenzel